Saturday, September 24, 2011

Fresh Maine Lobstah!! :)


They say the best lobsters come from Maine. Time to check out and see for myself how much truth there is in that statement. weeee!! :D

So we were in Bar Harbor yesterday and fortunately, it wasn’t too busy in the kitchen. This meant I had some time to take the tender from the ship to the mainland and get me some real deal Maine lobster!

As soon as we docked, there were already several touristy restaurants which offered a lot of fresh seafood but picky picky me, I wanted to find a place where a lot of locals hung out (tried and tested AND tasted, right?). After walking around a bit, we saw a busy tavern called the Thirsty Whale. Ambience was lively, it looked clean and there were a lot of people inside as compared to the other restaurants in the area. Score!

I ordered the Lobster Roll (Fresh Maine lobster touched with mayonnaise, served on a grilled hot dog bun). It doesn’t sound too glamorous but boy did it taste awesome. The meat was juicy and cooked juuuust right, and the grilled bun was drenched in butter, need I say more? Heehee. :) I mean, the fare wasn’t fancy but who says simple can’t be just as good? It was simply one of the best meals I’ve had in a long while. Mmmm-mm.

Which got me thinking, every time I start whining about my job, I think I’ll just need to remember that awesome lobster roll and hopefully it’ll be enough to remind me why I’m doing this: for a chance to see more of the world and taste the food it has to offer.

Okay, I’m feeling much better, the aches are gone and I’m in love with my job again. :D  

me and my kuya rocky on the tender to the mainland. he's a hoot to be with. sad that he's leaving in 2 weeks. :c

:D

check out the phil flag on that yacht!

what to order??

FOOOD!!! yaaay!

mmmmmm good!!




at the dock with my friend, Aisa.

don't they look like a rock band in this pic? Aegis, maybe? heeeheee. :)

me and two more of my Bisaya homeboys. Juvany and Armand.

what's a visit to Maine if you don't have a photo op with a lobster? :)

2 comments:

  1. makalaway!!! stay in love with the heat of the kitchen, muhmeh! i know you can brave everything. Miss you so much! I wish you were here and we'd chikka endlessly about my tiresome adventures in school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi jus!! thanks for the encouragement. i miss you soo much as well. :D sagi lang, when i get back in may, maybe we can spend a whole day together just chikka-ing. and then makalimot npud ta og plite sa jeep. hahahah. :)

    ReplyDelete