Saturday, September 3, 2011

Guess what I ate in Saguenay?


The past few days have been really, really exhausting (even more so than the usual crazy hours) so I haven’t really had the chance to get off the ship and see anything. It’s probably been more than a week since I blogged about Bar Harbor, huh? :)

Well, I’m embarrassed to say this but this week, I’ve kinda been living off of Red Bull. They sell it here in the crew shop for 2 dollars a pop. If it weren’t for this energy drink, maybe I’d have fallen flat on my face while in the middle of plating some desserts. Lol. So I wanted to go out and buy some Monster. It tastes better, costs about the same, and it has this crazy effect on my energy level. I also needed to restock on my favorite junk food. :)

I was planning on buying some groceries at Halifax but because of Typhoon Irene, we had to reroute and we ended up skipping that port and spending the day at sea instead. Our normal schedule got shuffled and we arrived at Saguenay, Quebec which really isn’t a normal port of call for us. Thankfully we weren’t that busy in the kitchen (for once) so we had about 2 hours to do some quick grocery shopping.



First impression: it’s a sleepy small town. We walked around for a long time and we couldn’t find a grocery store at all. We asked around and I guess the best thing they had was a pharmacy. I couldn’t speak any French so I’m not sure if what I meant got lost in translation but anyway, they gave us directions which (I think) we followed. We couldn’t find the store at all, what we did see was a place where we could eat. After all that walking around, by this time I was starving already.

So. Take a guess on what I ate at Saguenay.

Here’s a clue.



Yes, I was in Quebec and I ate at McDonald’s. You can judge me on that. All I can say is my McChicken was awesome. :) heehee.

Oh, and here are some photos we took while walking around.







No comments:

Post a Comment