Monday, August 8, 2011

I heart Scotland, two times. :D

Scotland is one of my mostest favoritest place that I’ve ever been to. I think there’s really something special about the sexy Scottish accent, the kilts, the eerie bagpipes or maybe the magnificent lochs, but it is one beautiful country.

I didn’t think I’d get to see it again for some time but fortunately, our itinerary in this Voyage of the Vikings cruise included Invergordon, Scotland, a town right by Inverness where you can find the Loch Ness and who knows, maybe even the monster.

Here are some pictures of me, Randy and Ronaldo and some of the other guys we met while hanging around town.










 you buy food, you be the bagger. lol. :)


 our snack of the day: potato chips (balsamic vinegar and caramelized onion flavor) and Carlo's favorite beer




The ship also docked at South Queensferry the following day. It’s a town near Edinburgh (only an 18 pound taxi ride away. Yikes.) I only planned on staying for a short while because we weren’t docked at the pier. Their pier was too small I guess for a ship the size of ours. So we set anchor a couple of miles at sea and you’d have to take the tender towards the mainland from the ship. It took like 15 minutes for a one way trip so it ate a lot of my short break time.

I met up with Ronaldo again and we strolled around their village with my newfound friend, Frederick, who works with Ronaldo in the garde manger or appetizer kitchen. I was insistent on some fish and chips. Hey, can’t visit Scotland without eating a steaming batch, right? And can I just say, YUMMY!! Freshly battered and deep fried filets of haddock with fries (which they call chips) smothered with their special brown sauce and lots of salt of course.

South Queensferry was such a pretty and quaint little town. They didn’t have too many traffic signals, instead, they had a lot of one lane two way streets where cars took turns passing. It was super cute. Check out our pictures. My favorites include the ones taken with the Fort Rail bridge (the red one) in the background.

me and Ronald on the tender
someday, i want a house with a chimney like one of these. :)
lookie how narrow their streets are. :D
FISH AND CHIpS!!





my fave shot. thanks Ronald. :)

purple cguro ang fave color sa tag-iya. heehee. kyoot.
this is how far away the ship was anchored.
with some of my favorite blue boys





Bye Scotland, I'll see you again soon. :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you're finally having a lot of fun, muhmeh! I envy the fish and chips!!! hehehe. You all look so cool and the place is just beautiful. Take care! xo <3

    ReplyDelete