Saturday, August 27, 2011

Baa Ha Ba, Maine


Bar Harbor’s one of those places you read about a lot and see quite a bit of in movies. I swear I saw this one hotel close to the shore where they may have filmed American pie 3, the wedding. But don’t quote me on that coz it’s been a while since I last saw that movie. 

Anyway, I wanted to see a bit of it and buy the obligatory magnet. Luckily, it wasn’t too busy in the kitchen so we had some time to go ashore and do some sightseeing. I went out with Armand and Giovani, two of the nicest Bisaya guys I work with, and my now official photographer, Randy. Hahaha. Just kidding. But really, most of the credit for my pictures goes to him and his awesome camera.

We just shopped around a bit. I got this cute magnet which I just couldn’t resist. It looks like a small Maine plate number which says Baa-Ha-Ba. I guess that’s how a lot of the locals say it? Anyway, it’s a great addition to my collection.

It was a really warm day, such a change from all the really cold countries we just came from. In short, a great day for some ice cream. I got a small cone with a scoop of whoopie pie ice cream (love the cookie and marshmallow combo) and Randy got one called Crazy for Coconut. The ice cream store we went to had a lot of crazy flavors which we stayed away from. I think there was one called Lobster something. Ha!

All in all, a good day to take a break from my daily routine on the ship and see a bit of this charming little city. Maybe next time there’ll be time for some real-deal Maine lobster. We shall see. :)








         

1 comment:

  1. your shirt is so cute, muhmeh! and nagkasexy nmn ka ui! and pretty!!! :)

    ReplyDelete