Monday, July 18, 2011

Beautiful Montreal




I had about an hour to wander around the old part of Montreal by myself. I didn’t want to go too far away from the docks this time because I was alone and I’m not exactly very good with directions and getting back to where I originally came from. Lucky for me, the Notre Dame church was just a few blocks away (nothing I couldn’t handle). My chef told me that this church was where Celine Dion got married. I can see why, the outside is absolutely beautiful. 





I didn’t go in because it looked like you had to book a tour to get inside (similar to St. paul’s in London) when there was no mass. I only had a few minutes to spare anyway because I wanted to go to a souvenir shop to buy my Montreal magnet and my Canadian flag. More importantly, on the way to the church, I had spotted this lovely little cupcake and ice cream shop that I wanted to visit.
 

Isn’t this place lovely? I love the color combo, it kind of reminds me of Bizu in Manila. They had a couple of the standard chocolate, vanilla and coffee flavors, and they also had a flavor of the day and that day it was strawberry shortcake. I went over their options and wound up choosing their praline cupcake. It was just the moistest, chocolatiest, nuttiest cupcake I’ve ever had. Yummy!! I scarfed down the whole thing in a few bites. Maybe my only complaint is that it got too sweet near the end, like they’d used too much icing sugar on the frosting. Other than that though, I was in cupcake heaven.

I’m already looking forward to being back in Montreal so I could try another of their cupcakes. Weee. :D


1 comment:

  1. muhmeh!!! i wish we could food trip together!!! i miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete