Wednesday, July 6, 2011

saying goodbye kinda sucks :(

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about my impending trip this Friday. (I just received my tickets, travel docs and a whopping 29 dollars for pocket money a few hours ago making my job totally official. yaaay!) But there are definitely some things that I will miss, from the Philippines in general and Cebu in particular.

In the order in which they come to mind:

1. the FOOOD!!! siomai sa tisa, barbecue sa larsian, lumpia ni sinyang, halohalo from ice castle, ginabot luyo sa mabolo church (maslami unta ang laguna garden, masmahal lang pud. boo.), buko, atchara, and pork combo from jo's chicken inato, the orange brutus burger steak (love!), tempura, kwekwek and camote fries atubangan sa usjr, dimsum!, pinakbet and bistek with tofu from abaseria... omg, I'm getting really hungry already. There's so many food places that I love, it's kind of impossible to name them all. But yes, i will definitely FOR SURE miss the food. 

2. I'm also thinking that every Wednesday on the ship will be a morose day for me because I'll know that several thousand miles away, my friends and my sister are having dinner at Alejandros for trivia night. We're not the best team out there, we only ever won once (ha!!) but trivia nights aren't about winning for me. (and i swear dili ni sour graping). I just love being with my team mates. Team perature, if you're reading this, i'm really looking forward to being a part of the team again. Win one for me. :D

3. Unlimited broadband internet. No more farmville or empires and allies on the ship when we're cruising. Boooo. And i don't care who judges me on this. :p

5. Going on foodtrip dates with my awesome uyab (who humors me with what i want to eat even though he's supposed to be on a diet). Hmm. Maybe muniwang tang duha being apart, babe. :) I will miss you!!

6. Lastly and most importantly, I'm really going to miss my family and my friends. They make cebu home and if I could take them on the ship with me (along with all the food I've mentioned) I don't think I'll ever get homesick.


...So yes, I'm excited to be going on this adventure, traveling and eating food I haven't tasted before, but a part of me will always long for home... A part of me is already counting down the days until I get back.

Three-hundred and seven, if you really want to know. :) 


ps. Here's something my friend Marian made that's already making me feel melancholic. Thanks friend!! you almost made me cry. :)

2 comments:

  1. aaawww :(

    muhmeh, i'm missing you so much na!!! you're gonna miss my birthday again. :(

    and YEAH! cafe laguna's ginabot is AWESOME!!! mahal lng jud. hahaha. amazing lng gud ila gnabot buh! hehehe.

    i'm so sad we didn't get to see each other anymore a few days before you left... i wish i had made u bring something to remind u of me. hehehe.

    anyway, i know you're a really strong woman and you'll get through this in a breeze. I can't wait for you to come back. Take care always! I miss you so much. God bless!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're most welcome, Zoot! Update your blog ha. Keep in touch always. See you next year. Love you much, friend :D

    ReplyDelete