Friday, July 8, 2011

hello, boston!

After more than 24 hours spent on airports and airplanes from Manila to Nagoya, Japan to Detroit, Michigan to Boston (finally!), I was super excited to step foot in this city. I had my mind set on trying the clam chowders that the area is known for. Unfortunately, I didn't factor the airline delays, about 4 hours total, into my time line. This threw off my plans of traipsing (and eating) around the city.

The nine other crew I met up with on the plane and I were just so exhausted by the time we got to the hotel (after eight in the evening) that the sight of Chinese take-out a few blocks away became a case of peppered steak instant gratification. And I had such big plans for this would've-been first fooooodtrip. I'm disappointed but oh well, c'est la vie. I'll be back in a few days. Meanwhile, I'm already looking forward to Bar Harbor, Maine, the next stop in our Canada and New England itinerary. I hope I won't be too busy in the kitchen that I can't leave for a quick bite.

We shall see. :)

This is the ship's itinerary, btw:
I've never been to any of these places!! Weeeeee! :D 



So that's it for Boston. Tomorrow, I'll be joining the ship. I'm excited, I'm scared, I'm filled with doubts but (kind of) ready to take on this challenge... I think.

Well, anyway, wish me luck because I think I'm going to need it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment